Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust: Assessment of Investments in Community-Based Disease Prevention
The Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust (KBR) retained Active Living By Design to conduct an assessment of the Trust’s recent and current investments in community-based disease prevention and to make recommendations for the Trust on future program investments.
Active Living By Design engaged in an assessment to:
- Build an understanding of KBR’s recent and current investments in community-based disease prevention, including outcomes and impact;
- Build from ALBD’s work with local, state and national partners to gain an understanding of alternate funding models, including strengths and weaknesses of other philanthropies’ investments in community-based disease prevention projects; and
- Confirm what is working well and develop recommendations to help inform KBR’s future grantmaking in community-based disease prevention.
Funding Partner: Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust
Engagement: June – October 2014
- Grant program assessment
- Alternative funding models assessment
- Recommendations for further issue area refinement and potential changes to future grantmaking processes